Aug 14, 2020
NUTR 448 - Food Service Systems Management
Application of organizational management and principles to food-service systems including organizing, staffing, controlling, planning, marketing, and leading.
Prerequisites: NUTR 240 and NUTR 342.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify various types of food service operations available, including customer base, type of menu, organization structure and types of service provided.
- Identify the components of menu planning and its impact on the foods service operation.
- Plan a menu for a foodservice operation.
- Identify the procedures for food and supply procurement including development of product specifications.
- Define the elements of receiving, storage and inventory control.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)