Aug 14, 2020
NUTR 447 - Community Nutrition
National and international nutritional problems and programs.
Prerequisites: either NUTR 101 or NUTR 433.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the laws, regulations and standards affecting dietetic practice.
- Discuss problems that exist in meeting the nutritional needs of people in different societies.
- Illustrate the influence of socio- economic, cultural and psychological factors on food and nutrition behavior.
- Apply knowledge concerning community nutrition to other cultural/community groups.
- Examine the fundamentals of the political and legislative process.
- Formulate a professional philosophy and value system for a personal approach to community nutrition problems.
- Assess the structure for health care and discuss the role of organizations in providing nutritional care to people.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)