Aug 14, 2020
NUTR 347 - Nutrition Education and Counseling
Introduction to educating individuals and groups about nutrition, from theory to application. Includes techniques, procedures, and skills related to successful nutrition counseling.
Prerequisite: NUTR 101.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively interview a client and assess their learning needs.
- Evaluate an interview and critique it effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of educational theories and techniques by designing and performing a nutrition education lesson.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication skills by using group consensus building, in performing interviews, and through the completion of the teaching assignment.
- Gain an understanding of how to promote change in a client.
- Demonstrate appropriate public speaking techniques in giving oral presentations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)