Aug 14, 2020
NUTR 340 - Management of Food Resources
Food management principles involved in the planning, purchasing, preparing, and serving of meals in relation to nutritional needs, social needs, food preferences, and resources.
Prerequisites: NUTR 101 and NUTR 240.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the impact of discretionary calories and physical activity on body weight
- Recognize the role of food in promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Recognize the socio-cultural and ethnic food consumption issues and trends for various consumers
- Apply food science knowledge to functions of ingredients in food and how to apply this to recipes for diet therapy
- Apply recipe modifications to meet dietary needs
- Translate nutrition needs into menus for individuals and groups
- Apply health promotion and disease prevention theories and guidelines
- Know food and nutrition regulations regarding food labeling
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)