Aug 14, 2020
MUS 432 - Big Band
Must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances. MUS 232 for freshmen and sophomores. May be repeated for credit.
Prerequisite: junior standing or above.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz tone quality on their instruments.
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz phrasing and style on their instruments.
- Work together to create a cohesive group sound with an overall high quality artistic, emotional and technical impact.
- Perform a wide variety of music composed and arranged for the jazz big band.
- Improvise in a jazz big band setting, including musical interaction within the ensemble.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)