Aug 14, 2020
MKT 370 - Sports Marketing and Sponsorship
This course takes a strong industry focus to the study of sports marketing. Work examines the range of promotional strategies and tactics used by different leagues/sport businesses to attract and retain sports fans. Additional topics include the nature of effective sports sponsorship campaigns. Course will be offered every year (Fall and Spring).
Prerequisites: (MKT 362 and admission to a College of Business major AND completion of the College of Business Foundation courses (ACCT 251 and ACCT 252 and BUS 221 and BUS 241 and MATH 153 or MATH 154 or MATH 170 or MATH 172 or MATH 173 and ECON 201) with a minimum C- grade in each course and a minimum collegiate GPA of 2.25) OR (MKT 360 with a minimum C- grade and declaration of a sport business minor or certificate); OR (MKT 360 with a minimum C- grade and declaration of a sport management major).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identification of marketing mix strategies and concepts that comprise a sports marketing plan.
- Articulation of the sport product experience.
- Application of market segmentation and brand positioning to sports business.
- Development presentation and proposed implementation of a marketing plan for a sport business.
- Differentiate sport consumption from other types of consumption and apply customer relationship management strategies to sport business.
- Articulation of the challenges facing sport business locally, regionally, nationally, and globally.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)