Aug 14, 2020
MKT 360 - Principles of Marketing
Principles of marketing class for non-business majors. Explores the function and processes of marketing, introducing students to the fundamental marketing concepts. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer).
Prerequisites: this course is only available to non-business majors.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts of marketing
- Explain and analyze the importance of social, cultural, and economic information and change to the business community.
- Explain how marketing uses psychological, social, cultural, and situational factors to create value for customers.
- Analyze the effects of culture and social media on political marketing, consumer behavior, and society.
- Explore and describe the different qualitative and quantitative market research techniques and their potential impact on society.
- Explain and describe the impact of the sustainability movement on inviduals, the business community, and society through product development/management, packaging, and corporate social responsibility.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)