Aug 14, 2020
MGT 382 - Principles of Management
This course introduces students to the macro (e.g., structure and strategy) and micro (e.g., human behaviors and leadership) principles of Management. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer).
Prerequisite: ECON 201 and admission to a CB major; or, admission to a College of Business Graduate Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe the basic concepts of management
- Recognize the different forms of organization structure and control systems.
- Define the basic functions of human resource management.
- Compare and contrast the different approaches to motivation.
- Differentiate the various leadership styles.
- Recognize the challenges of team work and communication.
- Identify managerial issues related to diversity, ethics, and the global economy.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)