Jun 06, 2020
MATH 440 - Mathematical Theory of Financial Economics
Concepts, principles, and techniques needed for the professional actuarial SOA/CAS Exam MFE are covered in this course. Topics to explore include interest rate models, bond price models, rational valuation of derivative securities, and delta-hedging as risk management techniques.
Prerequisites: MATH 411B and MATH 418C.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Become familiar with notations and terminology used in derivatives markets
- Can comprehend and construct interate rate models
- Become familiar with techniques for risk management
- Be capable of rational valuation of derivative securities
- Can comprehend and construct bond price models
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)