Sep 29, 2020
MATH 419C - Long-Term Actuarial Mathematics III
Mathematical tools for long-term insurance, including net premium reserves, modified reserves, gross premium reserves, expense reserves, and applications of long-term insurance tools to pension plans and retirement benefits. Course will be offered on on odd numbered years (Spring).
Prerequisite: MATH 419B with a grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Value net premium reserves, modified reserves, gross premium reserves, and expense reserves.
- Compare and contrast common profit measures.
- Evaluate actuarial accrued liability and normal cost for retirement plans.
- Evaluate the expected present value of future benefits, the accumulated postretirement benefit obligation, and normal cost or service cost for retiree health care plans.
- Assess the impact of changes in underlying valuation assumptions on pension and retiree health care plans.
- Design an appropriate actuarial model for a given situation or application.
- Assess the appropriateness of an actuarial model for a given application.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)