Aug 15, 2020
MATH 419A - Long-Term Actuarial Mathematics I
Mathematical tools for long-term insurance, including key features of long-term coverage and survival models and their estimation. Course will be offered on even numbered years (Fall).
Prerequisite: MATH 411C and MATH 418C with grades of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Compare and contrast long-term coverages in insurance (life, health, general) and retirement benefits (pensions, retiree health care).
- Estimate survival models using nonparametric methods.
- Formulate Markov chain survival models.
- Estimate model quantities using approximations for fractional ages.
- Design an appropriate actuarial model for a given situation or application.
- Assess the appropriateness of an actuarial model for a given application.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)