Aug 09, 2020
MATH 417C - Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics III
Mathematical tools for short-term insurance, including insurance and reinsurance coverage, pricing, and reserving. Course will be offered on even numbered years (Spring).
Prerequisite: MATH 417B with a grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Compare and contrast different types of short-term insurance and forms of reinsurance.
- Compare and contrast the different forms of experience rating.
- Estimate unpaid losses for short-term insurance.
- Evaluate premiums using pure premium and loss ratio methods.
- Design an appropriate actuarial model for a given situation or application.
- Assess the appropriateness of an actuarial model for a given application.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)