Jun 06, 2020
MATH 417B - Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics II
Mathematical tools for short-term insurance, including construction and selection of parametric models and credibility procedures. Course will be offered on even numbered years (Winter).
Prerequisite: MATH 417A with a grade of C or higher.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Estimate parameters for severity, frequency, and aggregate distributions using Maximum Likelihood Estimation.
- Estimate parameters for severity, frequency, and aggregate distributions using Bayesian Estimation
- Choose an appropriate model, using both hypothesis tests and score-based approaches.
- Estimate losses using classical and Bayesian credibility.
- Design an appropriate actuarial model for a given situation or application.
- Assess the appropriateness of an actuarial model for a given application.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)