Jun 06, 2020
MATH 410A - Advanced Statistical Methods I
An introduction to generalized linear models, including multiple regression, logistic regression, and ANOVA. Emphasis on applied model evaluation and diagnostics. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter).
Prerequisite: MATH 311 or MATH 314 with a grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Evaluate theoretical properties of generalized linear models, including underlying model assumptions and model construction.
- Choose an appropriate generalized linear model, including appropriate choices of distribution, link function, transformations, and interactions.
- Estimate generalized linear models.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and fit of a statistical model, particularly generalized linear models, and interpret the model in context.
- Estimate ANOVA models, and interpret the results.
- Propose a major statistical project, choosing appropriate questions to be answered and appropriate statistical tools.
- Communicate statistical results clearly orally and in writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)