Oct 01, 2020
MATH 371 - Advanced Calculus
The basic concepts of the real numbers and calculus are presented from an axiomatic standpoint. This course also offers basic proof writing skills that are necessary for more advanced mathematics.
Prerequisites: MATH 272, and at least one of MATH 335 or MATH 351, both with a grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Recognize standard analytical definitions such as supremum, infimum, and convergence.
- Use the definition of continuity to determine whether or not functions are continuous using various definitions of continuity.
- Examine sequences and series and determine their convergence.
- Write correct proofs using standard mathematical techniques.
- Estimate quantities using the triangle inequality to show convergence.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)