Oct 01, 2020
MATH 365 - Linear Algebra II
Topics from linear algebra, such as vector spaces, linear transformations, bilinear and quadratic forms, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and inner products. Emphasis is placed on proof writing.
Prerequisites: MATH 265, and at least one of MATH 335 or MATH 351, both with a grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe general vector spaces and their subspaces, besides subsets of R^n.
- Use properties of abstract vector spaces.
- Employ properties of linear transformations defined on abstract vector spaces.
- Relate coordinates with respect to different bases of abstract vector spaces.
- Write proofs using standard mathematical techniques.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)