Jun 06, 2020
MATH 172 - Calculus I
Theory, techniques, and applications of differentiation and integration of the elementary functions. Basic Skills 4 - Math.
Prerequisites: MATH 154 with a grade of C or higher, a score of 19 on the Advanced Math Placement Test, or a score of 46 or higher on the Compass Trigonometry test.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Determine limits and continuity of functions.
- Determine the derivatives of algebraic functions using the definition of derivative.
- Determine the derivatives of functions.
- Use the concept of the derivative to determine properties of functions.
- Model situations using the derivative of a function.
- Use the first and second derivatives of a function to determine maxima and minima of a function.
- Understand the relationship between the derivative of a function and the function’s graphical representation.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)