Mar 30, 2020
LAJ 426 - Advanced Correctional Counseling
This course will provide students with specialized training in theory and techniques required in the rapidly evolving practice of correctional counseling. LAJ 300 is recommended.
Prerequisites: Completion of the Basic Skills in the General Education requirements or DTA.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate ability to effectively interview criminal offenders
- Describe the formal assessment tools currently used in correctional counseling and offender risk assessment
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to use various directive and cognitive-behavioral counseling approaches in working with criminal offenders
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to use offender group counseling techniques and practices
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of one or more counseling approaches
Add to Portfolio