Jun 03, 2020
HIST 454 - American Environmental History
Environmental values and practices of the diverse populations of America. HIST 454 and HIST 554 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Reconstruct the historic meaning of events by identifying who was involved, what happened, where it happened, what events led to these developments, and what consequences followed.
- Reconstruct patterns of historical continuity and change.
- Analyze cause and effect relationships bearing in mind multiple causation.
- Differentiate between historical facts and historical interpretations, but acknowledge that the two are related.
- Perform research in primary and secondary sources.
- Identify the central questions and perspectives in primary documents.
- Bring sound and relevant historical analysis to the service of informed decision making on current environmental issues.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)