HIST 444 - Sectionalism, Civil War, and Reconstruction
Slavery, the Old South, sectionalism, the breakdown of the Union, and secession. A military, political, and social history of North and South during the Civil War, and the aftermath of the war. HIST 444 and HIST 544 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify key events, persons, and places in the history of this area.
- Isolate and analyze significant issues in the history of this area.
- Critically analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Compare opposing interpretations and opinions.
- Organize and present ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
- Revise written work effectively.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)