Oct 26, 2020
HIST 370 - Medieval European History
Survey of Western European history from late antiquity to the 16th century; political, economic, social, and religious thought and institutions.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify key events, persons, and places in medieval history on examinations and in research papers.
- Isolate and analyze significant issues in medieval history on examinations and in research papers.
- Critically analyze primary and secondary sources in research papers.
- Compare opposing interpretations and opinions, in class discussions and in research papers.
- Organize and present ideas clearly in written research papers and oral class discussions.
- Choose a medieval topic and develop a thesis-driven research paper based on primary sources.
- Give examples of the relationship between the past and contemporary events and problems in discussion.
- Conceptualize the rich diversity of human experience in other times and places.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)