Sep 19, 2019
HIST 346 - Women in American History
A survey of the role of women, their treatment, and response in American society from colonial times to the present.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify key events, persons, and themes in US women’s history.
- Analyze the impact of economic, political and social forces on women’s public and private lives.
- Compare and evaluate opposing interpretations of historical issues by scholars, historical figures, film-makers, novelists, and journalists.
- Recognize and appreciate diversity and interdependence.
- Understand the relationship between past and contemporary actions and strategies.
- Familiarize with history sources in the university library.
- Apply critical thinking and objectivity to evaluation of primary and secondary sources.
- Collect, organize, write, document and revise research materials and interpretations clearly, in writing and speaking.
[Add to Portfolio]