HIST 334 - History of Gender and Sexuality in Africa from Pre-colonial Times to the Present
This course examines the histories and changing aspects of gender and sexuality in different African contexts from the pre-colonial to the post-colonial eras. Topics will include marriage, politics, prestige, wealth, social cohesion, Christianity, AIDs, etc.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify key events, themes, and concepts in the history of gender in Africa.
- Isolate and analyze significant issues in the history of gender in Africa.
- Critically analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Compare opposing interpretations and opinions.
- Organize and present ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
- Revise written work effectively.
[Add to Portfolio]