Oct 25, 2020
EXSC 455 - Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription
Concepts and principles of appraising level of fitness, evaluating the results and designing physical fitness/exercise programs. Four hours lecture.
Prerequisites: EXSC 351 and EXSC 351LAB.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the major components of physical fitness and explain the importance of each component.
- Identify the risks associated with exercise and demonstrate knowledge of risk stratification.
- Assess cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
- Interpret the results of fitness assessments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of designing comprehensive fitness programs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)