May 25, 2020
ENST 444 - Environmental Policy Formulation
Students will work together in interdisciplinary teams to formulate and justify policy measures they think appropriate to meet some environmental problem investigated.
Prerequisites: ENST 201 or ENST 202, and ENST 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe the policy process in the U.S. and identify the variables that influence environmental policy outcomes.
- Identify the steps in a rational-comprehensive policy analysis framework.
- Identify a range of environmental policy instruments (e.g., regulation, tradable permits, taxes, subsidies, legal instruments) and articulate their strengths and limitations as applied to environmental problems.
- Identify and describe the multi-faceted dimensions of a variety of environmental “problems” (e.g., climate change, endangered species protection, energy development).
- Formulate an environmental policy that attempts to resolve an environmental problem.
Add to Portfolio