Jul 22, 2019
ENG 489 - Senior Colloquium
Students prepare an end-of-major portfolio which illustrates their competence in interpreting and composing. Grade will either be S or U. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring).
Prerequisite: 48 credits of English courses.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Revise their work in a variety of genres, one of which will be a literary analysis. Other genres may include creative and technical writing, rhetorical analysis, and/or linguistics.
- Incorporate sources as appropriate, using MLA conventions.
- Practice articulating constructive feedback on peer work to develop their sense of audience, increase their repertoire of revision and editing strategies, and work collaboratively.
- Demonstrate grammatical and rhetorical proficiency.
- Reflect on their own revision process and evaluate the development of their writing skills.
[Add to Portfolio]