Sep 20, 2019
ENG 465 - Advanced Poetry Writing
Intensive workshop further examining the genres within poetry, as well as experimenting with forms, discursive structures, and voice; revising for economy and precision; exploring metrical effects. ENG 465 and ENG 565 are layered
courses; a student may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: ENG 365.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and analyze poetic genres.
- Compose and experiment with forms, discursive structures, and voice in original works of poetry.
- Contribute effectively and meaningfully to workshop discussions of creative works-in-progress.
- Apply revision techniques to the development of quality poems.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the structures and conventions of contemporary poetry books and develop criteria for comparative analysis of contemporary creative work.
- Develop strategies that lead to publication success.
[Add to Portfolio]