Sep 20, 2019
ENG 437 - Pedagogical Grammar and Discourse
Study of English grammar, grammar instruction, and discourse analysis.
Prerequisites: ENG 304 and ENG 320.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Analyze complex linguistic structures, attending to the structures themselves, their meanings, and the pragmatic conditions governing their use.
- Articulate how attention to linguistic form, meaning, and use can both contribute to the linguistic development of ESOL students and stimulate the students’ own professional growth.
- Demonstrate connections between theory and practice.
- Analyze and evaluate ESOL grammar textbooks or proficiency-assessment tools.
- Discuss topics in discourse analysis, using appropriate terminology.
[Add to Portfolio]