Jun 15, 2019
ENG 419 - Critical Studies in British Literature
Intensive study of group texts focused by theme, author, theoretical approach, or social and historical context. Formerly ENG 410, students may not receive credit for both. May be repeated for credit under a different subtitle.
Prerequisites: ENG 302 and ENG 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge of literary and critical theories.
- Respond to secondary criticism and/or criticism theory in their own writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in research methodologies.
- Identify the characteristic themes, techniques, and conventions of a representative group of texts in English literature focused by theme, author, theoretical approach, or social and historical context.
- Develop a thesis-driven argument that is focused by specific interpretive or analytical questions, that is supported by evidence, and that synthesizes multiple perspectives.
- Apply theoretical approaches to literary texts.
[Add to Portfolio]