Jul 23, 2019
ENG 418 - Literary and Critical Theory (Put on reserve 9/16/18)
An investigation of the theory and practice of various critical perspectives and strategies as they inform the study of literary texts. (Put on reserve 9/16/18, will go inactive 8/24/21)
Prerequisites: ENG 302 and ENG 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Write formal and informal responses to literary and critical theory that demonstrate engagement, reflective thought, effective inquiry, perception of patterns in language features, and responsible generalization.
- Recognize and critique the argument underlying critical writings.
- Apply selected theories to specific literary works.
- Explain the basic premises of selected theories.
- Relate critical perspectives to the history of western ideas.
[Add to Portfolio]