Dec 11, 2018
CS 370 - Introduction to the UNIX Operating System
The fundamental requirements, features and functions of the UNIX operating system. A UNIX-compatible OS will be used as a working model. Installation, configuration, setup, shell operations, and program development with the UNIX operating system. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisites: CS 301 and CS 311.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge in different Unix/Linux like operating systems.
- Perform different operating system specific programming tasks involving C/C++ programming language.
- Convert different algorithms into shell scripts using OS specific tools.
- Set-up from scratch an operating system.
- Identify scenarios where one tool or another relevant tool should be considered to solve specific problems.
- Manage an operating system from administration point of view.
[Add to Portfolio]