Jul 21, 2019
COM 465 - Communication and Organizational Leadership
This course builds on COM 365 and provides advanced study of communication within organizations and the role of communication in leadership. The course is designed for senior students who will apply previous course information to advanced projects and study.
Prerequisites: COM 365 and admission to the communications major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Analyze the differing functional rules and communication patterns by which leadership is conveyed in organizations.
- Explain and describe typical communication problems and issues experienced by organizations.
- Analyze the needed match between organizational culture and leadership styles.
- Identify the importance of communication rituals in organizations.
- Analyze cultural variation among organizations.
[Add to Portfolio]