Apr 25, 2019
COM 451 - Communication Analysis and Research
Theory and practice in and study of methodology for gathering and analyzing data on human communication. Behavior identification, instrument types and uses, and assessment strategies.
Prerequisites: COM 401 and admission to a communication major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Understand the primary research questions studied in the field of communication.
- Increase skill in the use of library resources related to the communication literature.
- Increase ability to develop and write an effective literature review related to a communication research issue.
- Increase knowledge of basic research design (both qualitative and quantitative) and the scientific method.
- Increase ability to develop measurement tools and data gathering instruments such as surveys, questionnaires, and observation.
- Increased ability to describe the process of communication research.
[Add to Portfolio]