Jun 16, 2019
COM 427 - Grant Writing
Students will learn how to evaluate nonprofit organizational needs, identify and research foundations and other funding organizations as potential sources of support, and grant proposal writing.
Prerequisite: COM 312 and a nonprofit major, minor, or certificate, public relations major, communications major or by permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and evaluate the various revenue streams available to nonprofit organizations and the advantages and disadvantages of grant writing.
- Write competitive grant proposals, including a statement of need/rationale, implementation strategies, outcomes, personnel, evaluation, budget, attachments, and an executive summary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of grant funding sources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assessment of grant proposals according to specified criteria.
- Compare and contrast fundraising through corporate donations versus foundation grants
[Add to Portfolio]