Aug 25, 2019
COM 365 - Organizational Communication
Function, forms, and patterns of communication in organizations. Effects of organizational structures and dynamics on communication. Methods of evaluating communication policies and practices as an aid to organizational management. By permission.
Prerequisite: admission to either the communication studies, public relations, or journalism major or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Define corporate culture, leadership, teamwork, diversity, and ethics, and discuss how they impact organizational communication.
- Explain the complex role communication plays in developing and maintaining an organization’s culture.
- Be able to explain bow specific communication behaviors may be used to manage opposition to change in organizational contexts.
- Be able to discuss the nature of conflict in organizational context and how to apply message strategies to manage such a conflict and bolster working relationships.
- Compare and contrast major theories of organizational communication.
[Add to Portfolio]