Jun 16, 2019
COM 350 - Persuasion and Culture
Role of persuasion in society, elements of human motivation, techniques, and appeals of the persuader.
Prerequisite: admission to either the communication studies, public relations, film, or journalism major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Develop ability to critically analyze persuasive messages
- Increase skill in the development of oral persuasive messages.
- Understand and apply various ethical criteria to persuasive strategies and campaigns.
- Increase knowledge and ability analyze persuasive appeals found in advertisements.
- Develop ability to analyze the persuasive actics of public speakers through study of cultural themes, evidence, emotion, and credibility.
[Add to Portfolio]