May 23, 2019
COM 341 - Introduction to Field Production
A combined lecture and skills development course that introduces students to the principles and techniques of location production and visual storytelling for narrative and documentary film.
Prerequisites: film or broadcast journalism major status or instructor. Co-requisite: COM 341LAB.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental processes of telling a visual story using single camera production methods.
- Employ appropriate image composition, audio recording, and operational functions of both camera and audio equipment.
- Employ lighting techniques and safety procedures.
- Complete pre-production planning for a single camera production.
- Employ video editing software from ingest of media through final project delivery.
- Explain production crew roles and professional set etiquette.
[Add to Portfolio]