Jul 21, 2019
COM 333 - Communication Ethics
The study of ethical issues in communication.
Prerequisite: COM 202 and admission to major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify ethical issues involving media communications.
- Understand various approaches used to solve or resolve issues involving media communications
- Understanding how to apply a model of moral reasoning (e.g. the “SAD” process used to solve or resolve ethical issues).
- Knowledge of various codes of ethics as they apply to specific professions within the communication field.
- Knowledge of the historical, historical, political, and societal context for the issues they must resolve with analysis.
[Add to Portfolio]