May 23, 2019
COM 280 - Advertising Fundamentals
An introductory course that introduces the principles of advertising, including; ethics, social issues, professional practice, and the application of advertising principles to problems of business, non-profit, and political issues.
Prerequisite: COM 201.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the current forms of advertising in use in the United States and internationally.
- Identify the major advantages and disadvantages of each form of advertising.
- Critique and evaluate the processes involved developing advertising and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Identify and explain creative approaches to advertising
- Show an understanding of basic concepts of research for communication, including demographics, psychographics, surveys, focus groups and other instruments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the messages given by advertising.
- Develop and apply your oral and written communication skills.
[Add to Portfolio]