Jul 22, 2019
COM 251 - Small Group Dynamics
Analysis and practice of communication principles affecting effectiveness of small group discussion. Includes theory and practice of leadership and problem solving in small groups.
Prerequisite: COM 207.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe the primary divisions of group communication theory to include stages of group growth and development, leadership, problem solving, functional roles, and communication norms.
- Increase skill in the evaluation of group process.
- Increase ability to apply leadership theory and concepts.
- Increase knowledge and ability to solve problems in groups.
- Increase ability to develop effective working relationships with other group members.
- Distinguish between content and process variables in group communication.
[Add to Portfolio]