Jul 18, 2018
AFRO 301LAB - POC Leadership Laboratory
Students plan, organize, coordinate, and direct cadet corps activities, enhancing communication, management, and other leadership skills. Three hours weekly plus mandatory physical training. Grade will either be S or U. Course will be offered every year (Fall).
Co-requisite: AFRO 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- “Esprit de Corps”
- Develop esprit de corps through participation in group activities
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a group to accomplish a goal
- “Cadet Mentoring Program”
- Define the styles of a mentor
- List the rules of mentoring
- “Health and Wellness”
- Identify the components of the AF fitness assessment
- Identify healthy lifestyle choices
- “Customs and Courtesies”
- Demonstrate proper Air Force customs and courtesies.
- “Dress, Appearance, and Grooming”
- Identify and demonstrate proper Air Force dress, appearance, and grooming standards.
- “Drill and Ceremonies”
- Demonstrate Air Force formal dining, awards, and flag ceremonies.
- Demonstrate parade procedures.
- “Leadership and Management”
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrate feedback principles and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- “Feedback and Performance Evaluation Skills”
- Provide performance feedback and evaluation to cadet wing subordinates.
- “Commander’s Call”
- Construct and brief Cadet Corps on mandatory topics as directed by Higher Headquarters
- “Physical Training”
- Value the importance of physical training
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- “Professional Officer Course Cadet”
- Perform leadership position in cadet wing
[Add to Portfolio]