Jun 02, 2020
ART 585 - Seminar in Contemporary Art
An in-depth study of selected topics focusing on contemporary art, critical methodology and how current issues relate to the role of the artist as a producer of visual culture.
Prerequisite: ART 414.
Students will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Summarize and analyze theoretical developments affecting contemporary art
- Judge how developments in theory and artistic practices relate to social, economic, technological and political developments
- Evaluate and measure the influence of theoretical constructs to growth of contemporary artists
- Choose advanced theoretical concepts to incorporate into their own creative process
- Evaluate current scholarship regarding contemporary art
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)