Jan 20, 2021
LAJ 516 - Organizational Leadership
This course will provide students an opportunity to learn about transformational, transactional, and servant leadership styles. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: admission to the master of science program in law and justice or instructor permission.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify, analyze, and apply the general philosophies and principles of leadership styles with an emphasis in Organizational Leadership.
- Explain and critique common and challenges and dilemmas that face leaders today and develop an effective approach to leading in times of crisis.
- Develop students’ leadership style and supplement it with alternative leadership styles for a comprehensive approach to leadership.
- Develop and apply a leadership approach to a crisis situation in an organization.
- Identify personal traits and characteristics associated with effective leaders and apply to actual case studies.
Approved Fall 2017
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)