Sep 18, 2018
ACCT 546 - Income Tax Accounting II
Taxation of trusts and estates, gratuitous transfers, and the formation and termination of corporations and partnerships, with emphasis on tax compliance, planning, and computer-based tax research. ACCT 446 and ACCT 546 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: admission to the Master of Professional Accountancy Program.
Students will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Locate and interpret primary and secondary authoritative sources of tax information using web-based services
- Apply U.S. tax law to meet compliance requirements.
- Apply U.S. tax law to identify tax planning opportunities.
- Communicate the results of research, compliance, and planning efforts, to audiences with different levels of expertise.
- Graduate students will be able to communicate their tax analysis in written and/or through a presentation.
[Add to Portfolio]