Feb 25, 2018
CHEM 580 - Advanced Physical Chemistry
A 3-credit lecture course including experimental and theoretical thermodynamics, advanced chemical kinetics, molecular dynamics, transition state theories, atomic and molecular spectra, nanotechnologies. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: CHEM 383.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental principles in experimental and theoretical thermodynamics.
- Analyze complex mechanisms of chemical kinetics.
- Explain the uni-, bi-, and/or tri-molecular reaction mechanisms on the microscopic level from the perspective of molecular dynamics.
- Explain the fundamental principles of transition state theory and variational transitions state theory and apply these theories to analyze experimental kinetics data.
- Analyze and interpret atomic and molecular spectra.
- Discuss the underlying physical chemistry concepts in a selected area of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies.
[Add to Portfolio]