Jan 22, 2021
LAJ 545 - Ethical Studies
Course will review ethical questions and principles in the area of criminal justice and criminology. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: admission to the master of science program in law and justice or instructor permission.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Students will identify, explain, and critique the basic ethical concepts and theories utilized in the field of criminal justice and criminology
- Students will be able to identify and explain macro level ethical issues and problems in the criminal justice process.
- Students will be able to apply ethical theories to a particular component of the criminal justice process in an effort to develop and propose solutions to contemporary issues.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze common ethical dilemmas and conflicts regarding public policy.
- Students will develop, refine, and apply skills to read, explain, and critique modern social science research.
Approved Fall 2017
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)