Mar 22, 2018
CHEM 511 - Advanced Biochemistry
A course in advanced biochemical concepts with a special focus on the multiple levels of gene expression regulation and structure-function relationships of protein and nucleic acids. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisites: CHEM 431 or permission of the instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe in text or in drawings the different types of regulatory elements in genes.
- Describe in text or in drawings the different mechanisms used by cells to regulate the expression of different genes.
- Describe in text or in drawings the different types of protein domains that mediate interactions with nucleic acids or other proteins.
- Critically examine and analyze experimental data from scientific literature.
- Present findings from published scientific papers to peers.
[Add to Portfolio]