Jun 24, 2019
STP 307A - Functions and Modeling for STEM Teaching
Engages students in explorations and lab activities designed to strengthen and expand their understanding of functions at the secondary level. Topics of investigation may include, function properties, patterns, linear, exponential, trigonometric and logistic models.
Prerequisites: STP 303 and MATH 153 or MATH 154 or MATH 170 or MATH 172.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- CP*: Engage in relevant labs by collecting and analyzing data.
- CP/PP: Demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology by collecting and analyzing data.
- CP: Evaluate the properties of various mathematical models such as linear, quadratic, exponential, logistic, and sinusoidal.
- CP: Evaluate sets of data to determine the most appropriate model then fit the model to the data set and use it to make predictions.
- CP: Demonstrate accurately (oral and written) mathematical concepts and procedures.
- CP: Model mathematically everyday problems using mathematical functions or data analysis to make sense of the everyday phenomena.
- E: Analyze instructional strategies with regard to equitable instructional practices including strategies required to support students with special needs.
Approved Fall 2017
[Add to Portfolio]