Mar 22, 2019
TH 456 - Advanced Concepts in Sound for Film and Stage
Creation of sound content for film and stage via software tools. FILM 456 and TH 456 are cross-listed courses; students may not receive credit for both. Course will be offered every year (Spring).
Prerequisite: TH 256 or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Apply acquired skills to create a basic underscore for film and stage in a variety of formats.
- Apply acquired skills to record original effects as well as locate and evaluate royalty-free basic Foley sound effects.
- Apply acquired skills to eliminate extraneous sounds from an audio recording.
- Apply acquired audio editing skills in the creation of sound collage work.
- Apply acquired skills using digital audio workstation software to manipulate and create audio content.
[Add to Portfolio]