Jul 22, 2019
TH 313 - Writing for Theatre for Young Audiences
Study, practice, and creation of original works of Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) focusing on playwriting. Topics include TYA subcategories: Theatre for the Very Young, Children’s Theatre, Young Adult Theatre, and Crossover. Course will be offered on even numbered years (Spring). May be repeated up to 6 credits.
Prerequisites: TH 166, or admission to the creative writing minor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Apply the collaborative process through theatre work
- Describe the process of generating dramatic literature and techniques for producing and creating plays for different age groups
- Identify and apply elements, processes and tools within playwriting
- Create new works through the playwriting process
- Create new works for different age groups and diverse populations
- Describe and critique the strengths and weakness of their own work as well as the work of their peers.
- Identify and evaluate techniques of adapting children’s literature for the stage in existing plays and scripts
[Add to Portfolio]